The U.S. African Development Foundation USADF is inviting proposals from Africans for grant financing and local support, from African-owned enterprises, cooperatives, and producer groups with creative solutions that extend their own capabilities to increase revenues, create jobs, improve farmer incomes, and make sustainable market-based growth.
USADF is an independent U.S. Government agency established to support and invest in African owned and led enterprises that improve the lives and incomes of people in poor communities in Africa.
The grant Proposals will only be accepted from registered agricultural cooperatives, small-scale producer groups, and agricultural processors working directly in the sectors and countries listed below.
USADF invests directly in community enterprises, providing seed capital and local technical support to early stage agriculture, energy and youth-led enterprises in Africa.
Last year, their grant assistance generated $100 million in new local economic activities in poor and susceptible communities across Africa.
With a total of 20 USADF country programs, local African staff and partners provide oversight and technical ability to grow and expand community enterprises which ensures security, stability and prosperity in conflict and post-conflict areas in Africa.
GRANT PROPOSAL PERIOD OPENS NOVEMBER 15, 2017
AND CLOSES JANUARY 29, 2018
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION HERE
USADF GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE FREE OF CHARGE.
USADF GRANT ELIGIBILITY?
USADF shall only consider proposals coming from 100% African-owned enterprises, associations or cooperatives operating in the specified country sectors.
Candidates must be legally registered in their country, with a with a proven ability to track, manage, and use internal and external resources to make growth.
[irp posts=”2070″ name=”Business Planning Process”]
The majority of USADF’s funding or capital agreements range between $100,000 and $250,000. USADF does not offer funding to government agencies, political parties, or enterprises that are not based in Africa
USADF SELECTION INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES
Successful Proposals Must
- State a clearly defined market opportunity to raise revenues that can increase farmer earnings.
- Have a clearly defined plan on how they can increase revenues and farmer incomes in 2- 4 years.
- Be able to make real cash or in-kind contributions to make the project a successful one
- Impact hundreds of farmers.
- Be able to find additional financing options available after the USADF grant ends.
Business Organization Requirements
- The business must be 100% African-owned and managed by country nationals.
- The business must be a legally registered African entity (or in the process of becoming legally registered. Registration should be completed before any funding may be provided).
- The business must prove that it has successfully worked together and has the capability to effectively use grants funds.
- The ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to help their community.
- The organization must have basic functional management and controls to account for USADF funds.
[irp posts=”2746″ name=”Apply Now for the 2018 Edition of the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program”]
- Completed Grant Application Form. – Required
- Copy of a valid business or enterprise registration form. – Required
- Most Recent Business Plan. – Preferred but Optional
- Two Years of Financial Statements – Preferred but Optional
Proposal materials submitted after January 29, 2018 will not be considered.
COUNTRY AND SECTORS ACCEPTED BY USADF
Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Maize, Cassava, Cashew,
- Shea Nuts Onion, Shea, Rice,
- Cashew, Coffee, Palm Oil, Rice
- Coffee, Maize, Rice
- Palm Oil, Shea, Textiles
- Horticulture, Livestock, Dairy, Fish
- Rice, Cassava, Horticulture
- Rice, Legumes, Sunflower
- Cereals (Millet, Sorghum, Rice, Maize), Horticulture, Livestock
- Livestock, Horticulture, Forestry Products
- Irrigated Horticulture, Livestock, Rice
- Sorghum, Rice, Cassava, Aquaculture
- Coffee, Tea, Maize, Rice
- Rice, Horticulture, Tree Crops, Millet
- Cassava, Sesame, Groundnuts, Horticulture
- Coffee, Horticulture, Cereals
- Coffee, Maize, Rice, Cassava
- Sunflower, Dairy, Rice
- Horticulture, Fruits, Grains
If you are interested, click here to download the application form